Saturday, March 09, 2002

Leaving Brasil for London 2002




Cold............. After just arriving in London from Brasil, a 40' temperature change. London is a cool city, nice buildings, plazas and very international.

I spent the first few days with my friends from OZ ( which I met in Spain last year). Now I am staying with an English friend also from my trip to Spain. It's been fun although its the most expensive place I have been. I can't say anything positive about the food or the cold weather.



My Arrival was interesting. Airfrance lost my luggage then found it 3 days later and shipped it to the wrong house. I was in the same clothes for 4 days (jeans and T-shirt). This week alone I met 3 other friends of mine from Hawaii, California and Germany. London is place every-one passes through somtime. I still have 150£ (200$). When I run out of money I will go home to Paris. I have a long list of foods I need to eat. I also plan to go Italy afterwards in search of work.

Brasil



My last several weeks in Brasil were amazing. I over did it on exotic fruit juices and rodizios ( a buffet with around 15-20 different types of meat). I decided to leave my Large backpack in Rio and travel north with a school bag. 3 weeks of travel with one t-shirt a tank top and a pair of swim trunks was great.


Most places in Bahia (North-eastern brasil) that I went to were remote little fishing villages or beach towns. I found places to stay as cheap as 2$ a night and found many endless beaches almost completely deserted. The people and the culture in Bahia are completely different than in the south.



The coolest places were Jericoacaora and Iticare. They are both one of those places that are paradise. They will only last a little bit because as more people find out about them this will change.




Jericoacoara is 30 hrs north of Salvador near Fortaleza and is also a small fishing village rated as having one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world....



It has sand dunes with wild goats and boars, cows and horses running around the village. There is very little electricity so Internet costs about 30$ an hour. It was hard to leave.






Iticare is a tiny little fishing village with great surf and some beautiful picturesque beaches. I did a little capoiera and met some cool people.








On my way to Jeri.. I stoped in Salvador an interesting very colourful colonial port city. Lot's of historical building, plazas and churches in the centre of pelerihino. Salvador is immense and full of people music and fiestas...............


On my way back to Salvador from Jeri a 27 hour bus ride, one of the bus tires exploded. Since the driver didn't know very much, we slowly all learned how to change a bus tire.

I spent the last days on the beach in Rio before flying to London.