Sunday, January 01, 2006

A bit About me

The first of several blogs I wrote, in fact, by far the most fun and adventurous of the lot.

In 2002, I completed my Bachelors in Business Finance at California State University Fullerton and was ready to escape the U.S,  starting in London, heading eastwards reaching Turkey half a year later.

From learning Italian in a matter of months and working in an Irish bar in Sorrento, Italy  to living on an party Island in Greece,  working at restaurants,  as a movie extra in ''dillo con parole mie'' and as bar promoter/bouncer at Amadeus, to  more backpacking in Turkey, Poland, Hungary, Germany, France and Czech Republic .

Finally, I took an adventurous sabbatical, risky travel through South and Central America, taking  18 months to get from Argentina to Mexico, mostly overland, by bus, train, hitch-hiking or cargo boat.

Past

In May 1994, I left Paris for South Africa, where I finished my last 3 years of high-school at Sandringham (Johannesburg) and then returned to Paris and  did a bit of travel for a year
(Holland, Belgium, Greece, Israel/Sinai, Turkey, Spain, Portugal and Mexico) before re-joining my parents who re-located to the U.S.A. to attend University

Future

I have a great job at the moment and am quite happy to stay in London for a 1-2 more years! When I decide to leave (before I turn 30) I would like to go on my last Around-the-world trip through China, Nepal, India, South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji .

After my trip I want to return to South America to live and work for a few years in 2 of my favourite countries - Brazil and Argentina.

"La felicidad es un trayecto, no un destino."
''Happiness is a journey not a destination''